Monday, October 26, 2009

LOL, definitely single again :)

LOL, definitely single again :)

Sunday, 2. August 2009, 20:37:12
So I'm definitely single. I feel fine about it too. Not F.I.N.E. :Fucked up, Insecure, Neurotic, and Emotional...just happy and ok about it. lol, although I'll have to break the news to his sister. Then I'll ring Kelly.

So here are the two emails that have been sent to each other about this today.
On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 19:13:14 +1000, Wil Hobbs wrote:

Hi Kate,
I was not alone last night so sorry about not replying until now. The fact is also, I've been thinking about our relationship prospects and have decided, for both of our sakes it actually makes more sense if we remain as friends. I think I value your friendship maybe more-so than a relationship with you at this point in time. I've been thinking about this quite a bit and I know that this may sound like an idiots idea but, I feel I want to attempt another opportunity with my wife.
I want you to please understand this and I hope you accept it because I value your friendship.
Your family members also have nothing to fear from this. I quite like your family and would definitely not do anything to jeopardise them.
Sorry I couldn't make it last night or tonight but please let's stay friends? We can still go out as friends for coffee, tea, the movies or whatever.
Love Wil.


Hi Wil,

I had a feeling that's what you were thinking.

Has Chris expressed any interest in coming back? It seems from what you've told me that she wants to date other guys, and that she isn't interested in giving up her lease on the house (which can be done very easily, all she needs do is tell the agent and continue paying rent until they find someone else to take over the lease). Also why would Chris be encouraging you to get back together with me if she wanted to come back?

I do understand you wanting to try again...everyone goes through a stage of "what if?" and the fact that things seems so much better once you've had time apart. The thing to think about is if both of you have changed enough that the same problems don't reoccur once you start living together again.

*smile* besides which this is really your first experience of having lived with a partner, and it's hard to figure out when to stop trying, as you've pinned all your hopes on this person being the person you'll spend your life with. Personally I don't believe that the two of you have a future together, apart from the time spent raising Noni. But i'm not knocking you for wanting to try. Make sure that you look after Noni and yourself and not stand for either of you being mistreated.

I'd prefer not to be friends whilst Chris is on the scene...it'll only make things awkward and difficult. If on the other hand you don't end up together, i'd like you to wait about six months before approaching me as a friend. It'll give you time to sort through all your feelings about Chris, and even how you feel about me.

I know that you might be thinking that I think you're an idiot, but the truth is, I think it's an experience that you have to go through to learn about relationships. I'm sad about losing this opportunity to be with you, and worry that you'll be hurt...but I can't do anything about the decisions that you want to make for yourself. Besides the choices you make now, are things that you have to live with. Remember that there are a lot more than two people that are effected by your decisions. You'll still have to deal with all the people that do think you're an idiot, and all the people who don't want to be involved with Chris. You'll also lose a lot of friends, some of whom you've already burnt bridges with. It's hard to keep those things in mind, when you're sorting through following your heart...You reach the other side of a break up and realise that you've lost more than one relationship. You can end up feeling more alone than when you started out. Trust me on that one, at one point i seriously lost all my friends over the break up with one guy, and it's the friends I missed more than anything.

You might think that I sound jaded by relationships, but the truth is I'm willing to put my heart out there again...except that I expect my partner to respect me, my family and my friends, and be responsible for thier own actions. If they can't do that then I don't want them in my life, no matter how much I may feel I love them, because at the end of it all it's those relationships that add up to a happy life, not the fact that I love a single person.

Anyway, I wish you all the best Remember that if things don't work out the way you hope, you can look me up down the track, as I do still care.
Kate

And that's that.
Cheers Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment