Monday, October 26, 2009

Hello

Hello

Monday, 8. October 2007, 22:37:01
Hi

I was thinking to myself yesterday about how many of my friends are bi-polar...if I count those online they almost out number those who aren't BP.

BiPolar
Catherine
Simon
Warren
Tim
B*
K*
Joy
Neville
Hamish
Elwyn

Non Bipolar
David
Georgie
O*
Zak
Joy
Moon
John
Emily
S*
Hugh
Spring
H*
Z*
John
W*

How weird is that? That's about 1/3rd of my RL friends are BP...lol if I was to include all mental illnesses they'd be closer to half and half.

To illustrate how I attract MI people, i'll tell you about a time I went out in Melb clubbing.

George and I picked a pub at random in South Melbourne, we get chatting to a couple of people and then we decide to kick on to another venue. Whilst walking, George continued talking to a Basketballer who was willing to fly down every weekend from Sydney to see her...on the other hand, I have a homeless street kid (actually about 18) with depression start talking to me. He was keen to hit it off with me and explained that he was living on the streets as he was suffering a major depressive episode. To top it off he then proceeded to show me where his mother had stabbed him the last time he went home.

Now I realise that him being stabbed is not a fact to be laughed off, but it does illustrate the state of his mind as not being 'normal'...simply by the fact that it's not really a suitable fact to share when you're trying to pick someone up

I've come to accept that I tend to draw odd people to me
Hmmm, I just realised that i'm making my friends sound 'odd'...they aren't for the most part they are just like anyone else that you'd meet on the street. Perhaps it's just that i'm so open, that other's who are open like being around me...thus I know they have mental illnesses?

Um, I reckon i've been a bit Hypo-manic recently...it could explain the whole Captain Jack obsession, and the fact that i've been going off ranting about various topics recently. I figure that if you're reading all my posts though, then you must at least be a little interested in what i have to say. lol, i seem to have a lot to say some days.

Being Hypo, I guess means that I ought to keep right on top of my bills. It's very easy for me to slip into a spending spree. lol i guess if all my bills are paid upto date, then I don't have any extra money to spend on whatever it is that i spend it on when I'm hypo. LOL I just checked my bills...and I'm about to be cut off. So I'll have to deal with that tomorrow. It's such a shit not being able to rely on myself to stay on top of these things. I just slip off into fairy lands and the world keeps turning without me. Crap on it.

Well i'm going to go and console myself with some more fairy dreams, as it's all just a bit stressful ATM.

Catch you on the flip side.
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment