Friday, November 13, 2009

Faded Blooms...

Hello,


I'm sure you've all experienced days where you've felt like a flower past it's best...all those delicate petals bleached and faded by the harsh summer sun. A little frazzled around the edges, crispy to the touch, as if you'll just crumble to dust if someone touches you without care. That's exactly how I felt yesterday.
I have a feeling that I may have even smelt like linen that has been stored too long, fusty and dusty. The heat does not like me, nor I it.


Here are my peace roses feeling as fragile as myself.

 
 

Finally you can see how beneath the pink edges is a delicate yellow...it's a shame that they're spent.


I've become completely nocturnal. The cat has given up on me ever coming to bed. The dog amuses himself eating things he oughtn't during the day. We're just not mentioning to the Children why the Thomas game is no longer in the lounge. All I can say is that at least he doesn't smell like he usually does when he gets into the compost.


Well it's a five year old birthday in the morning so I'm going to have to get some sleep before he wakes up. 
Talk again soon,
Kate 

No comments:

Post a Comment